Stay ahead of burglars by noting the commonly stolen home possessions.
When you think of home burglaries, it’s easy to picture masked thieves carefully targeting your home to strip it of prized possessions – from your new sound system to your expensive, limited edition, 1794 Flowing Hair Dollar coin… No? Just us? Either way, robbers target your most loved possessions because they are something of monetary value.
To protect your home, coin collection, and much more, it’s important to remember that not all robberies take place while you’re sleeping. Eliminate your vision of a masked burglar creeping into your home in the dead of night! In actuality, most home robberies are a result of an unexpected opportunity for a thief, for example, your front door is left wide open, and you are nowhere in sight.
Below is a list of the ten most commonly stolen (and sought-after) home goods that you should take extra precautions to protect!
- Bicycles: Take photos of your bike and make a note of any numbers that it may have. This will make it easier to track down.
- Cell phones: Ensure that all passcodes and safety features are turned on.
- Power tools: Keep these locked away in a shed or the garage.
- Laptops: Never leave your laptop in plain sight. Store it in a drawer if necessary.
- Tablets: Keep these away from open windows.
- Cameras: Invest in a quality bag to shelter it and hide it away.
- Golfing equipment: Store these in a cupboard or the garage.
- Gardening tools: These should be kept behind a locked shed or garage door.
- Audio equipment: Store these away safely and always note serial numbers and model numbers.
- TVs: Keep your doors locked at any time!
Installing a burglar alarm or adding an extra security light is added protection for your home and belongings. Never be without your much-loved items by securing quality home insurance by contacting the experts at Nahai Insurance Services. As experts in the industry, we’re well-versed in safeguarding homeowners’ possessions and protecting the structure. Call us today to get started!