Maintain business productivity by warding off the flu from the office this season.
Are you ready for the onslaught of sniffles, contagious coughs, canceled appointments, and sick staff members? While you can’t flu-infected customers walking into your business, you can help to protect yourself and your team keep the flu at bay.
Here’s how to help reduce the spread of infectious diseases and maintain a happy and healthy environment!
Embrace Basic Hygiene
It may be obvious, but basic hygiene practices are one of the most important steps to stop the spread of flu. Send out a reminder to your team to help stop the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands often
- Try not to touch your nose, mouth or eyes
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands after you sneeze, cough or blow your nose
- If you’re not feeling 100 percent, don’t be afraid to politely decline shaking hands
- Avoid using other employees’ equipment like phones, computers, and headsets
Stock Up on Supplies
When flu season hits, make sure your office has all of the necessities to protect your employees, such as:
- Hand sanitizer
- Orange juice or vitamin C supplements
- Herbal teas such as ginger, lemon, and green
Encourage the Infected to Rest
Encourage your employees to use their sick days or work from home if they are feeling unwell and are showing symptoms of the flu. Losing one employee for a day or two can save you from losing half your team for weeks! If an employee does come into work ill, try to sit them somewhere away from others and keep sanitizer on hand to stop the flu from spreading.