Company Vehicle Maintenance Tips
If your company is constantly on the move, then it’s likely that you have vehicles taking you places. Company vehicles come in use for small and large businesses alike. Securing commercial vehicle insurance and taking care of your vehicles by carrying out the following regular checks and vehicle maintenance will ensure that it is less likely to let you down in the future.
- Check the tire pressures (don’t forget about the spare!). Top up if needed.
- Check and top up the windshield washer bottle and include a screen wash additive – water alone won’t clear oily road grime and it freezes more readily in winter.
- Check for any blown bulbs. Don’t forget to inspect the turn signal, brake, and fog lights.
- Clean the windshield, windows, and wipe all the lights to keep them at maximum efficiency.
- Check the engine oil, making sure it is between the maximum and minimum marks on the dipstick.
- Ensure there is sufficient liquid in the cooling system. Include antifreeze in the mixture as it helps protects against frost damage in winter and overheating in summer.
- Watch for the first signs of rust forming and deal promptly with any damage to bodywork to prevent rust setting in.
- Inspect the tire tread depths, looking for signs of uneven wear and for cuts on the sidewalks.
- Review the repair kit in the trunk, ensuring all the correct equipment is in place and that all employees know how to use it properly.
- Ensure your team knows what to do in the event of an accident.
Rest assure that your company vehicles are well protected with reliable commercial vehicle insurance. The team at Nahai Insurance Services know how to find suitable coverage to suit your needs and business. Contact us on (310) 282-0900 today.